A free seminar on Smart Landscaping: How Landscaping Can Save Energy will be presented on the evening of Tuesday, April 21st from 7:00 – 9:00 pm at the Wayne County Conservation District office (located in the Park Street Complex, 648 Park Street, Honesdale – near the Wayne Memorial Hospital).
You will learn about:
- Healthy backyard habitats
- Simple landscaping techniques for energy savings
- Planting deciduous trees, evergreens and windbreaks
- Landscaping to minimize heating and cooling needs in different seasons
- Native plants vs non-native plant species, and need for increased water, nutrients and care
- How buying plants and materials from local sources decreases energy needed for transport
Presenters include Jason Curtis, PLA, LEED AP, Land Scape Artist; Katharine Dodge, Chair of SEEDS and member of the Northeast Pennsylvania Audubon Society; Robert Muller, Manager of the Wayne Conservation District.
This free seminar is being co-sponsored by SEEDS (Sustainable Energy Education and Development Support) and the Northeast Pennsylvania Audubon Society.
Registration is encouraged, but not required. Please email email@example.com or call SEEDS at (570) 245-1256.