Skip to content
Skip to content
Birds and Wildlife
- Friends of the Red Knot – Our chapter has been instrumental in getting attention paid to the Red Knot Rufa subspecies. The kids in a Baltimore school developed a website and are encouraging people and students to help get the bird listed. We did a lot to get it threatened status with our petition 5 years ago.
- Sialis – Great information for people interested in helping bluebirds and other native cavity-nesters survive and thrive.
- Delaware Highlands Conservancy, an accredited land trust dedicated to conserving the natural heritage and quality of life in the Upper Delaware River region in partnership with landowners and communities.
- Lackawanna Audubon Society, an independent organization of nature loving folks centered in Lackawanna County. Despite having “Audubon” in their name, the Lackawanna Audubon Society is not associated with National Audubon Society. We still like them. Phone (570) 575-5293.
- Lackawanna Heritage Valley Authority – manages the Lackawanna Heritage Valley National and State Heritage Area, a “partnership of government, business, civic organizations, and individuals dedicated to the development of the region’s historic, cultural, economic, and natural resources through preservation, education, and promotion of our heritage.”
- R.E.S.C.U.E., protecting, preserving, and restoring the environment of Northeast PA.
- Transition Honesdale, working to create a sustainable future by supporting development of a more cooperative and resilient local community.
- Ticks (CDC) – avoiding ticks, what to do if you are bitten by a tick, symptoms of tickborne illness, geographic distribution, and more.